Friday, February 27

Bits and Pieces


Hey Mom!

Thinking about you a lot today (hence the midday call), and thought I'd give our little blog another whack. The sun is setting and I'm sitting here looking at a vase full of dead tulips that need to be thrown away and a mug half full of coffee from this morning... it wouldn't be so pitiful if the mug wasn't a Migis one which is of course a wonderful reminder of that wonderful wedding weekend :)

The flowers were really pretty, about 4 days ago...


Just as I started to write this post, this song came on which makes me think of Cull Cull's wedding, another oh-so happy Burke moment :) 2014 was a GOOD year for us! 


Anyways, the weekend is just about here and I think it's going to be a good one. I just scored a full size bed, with box spring and mattress for $60! So excited that I now have a place for my peeps (aka: you, livy, yaya and anyone else who might wanna hunker down here) to stay. I'm hoping it propels you all to visit a little more - wishful thinking? haha 

I also have a date planned for Geo and I tomorrow morning. I can't share what it is now because it's a surprise for him but I'll post some pics on Sunday. Hint: Vroom Vroom. 

Okay, well that's it for now. Nothing too else exciting, unless you count trying out some new recipes this weekend "exciting"... oh you do? Ha, well let me share what I'll be cookin' up! PS. Geo had a say in this week's menu items, if you can't tell :)

Ina's Ribs: 
http://www.you-made-that.com/foolproof-baby-back-ribs/
Oh She Glows Soul Soothing African Peanut Soup
I can't make this image horizontal - what da heck!?
The recipe is from this Blogger's book: http://ohsheglows.com/

And lastly, after snacking on vegan goodies all week I've decided to indulge and give this beauty a shot... Rose Water Glitter Cake. YUM.

http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2011/12/rose-water-glitter-cake/
That's about it. Check in with you soon. As in: I'll probably talk to you tonight :) Love you!

Aub (#1)

No comments:

Post a Comment